- Registration of participants
DAY I - 25 SEPTEMBER 2019
Mr. Remigiusz Nowakowski
Mr. Dawid Jackiewicz
Speeches of Honorary Guests
- Opening speech - Paweł Hreniak - Lower Silesian Voivode
- Opening speech - Cezary Przybylski - Marshal of the Lower Silesian Voivodship
- Opening speech - Professor Cezary Madryas, PhD, Eng. - Rector of the Wrocław University of Technology
- Opening speech - Stefan Gullgren - Ambassador of Sweden
- Opening speech - Ole Egberg Mikkelsen - Ambassador of the Kingdom of Denmark
- Opening speech - Olav Myklebust - Ambassador of Norway to Poland
- Opening speech - Marcin Chludziński, President of the Management Board of KGHM Polska Miedź SA
- Opening speech - Piotr Czopek, Director, Departament Energii Odnawialnej i Rozproszonej w Ministerstwie Energii
- Opening speech - Jarosław Dybowski, Executive Director for Energy, PKN ORLEN SA
Electrification, decarbonization, leadership
10:30-12:00 Discussion Panel: Electrification, decarbonisation, ledership
Remigiusz Nowakowski - President of the Management Board of DISE
- Magnus Hall - President and CEO of Vattenfall, President of Eurelectric
- Mikael Lemström - Vice President, Heating and Cooling City Solutions, Fortum
- Filip Grzegorczyk - President of the Management Board, Tauron Polska Energia S.A.
- Darius Maikštėnas - Chairman of the Board and CEO of Ignitis Group
- Jan Staniłko - Director of the Innovation Department, Ministry of Entrepreneurship and Technology
- Jarosław Dybowski - Executive Director for Energy, PKN ORLEN SA
- What does the vision “European Union to be without any emissions by 2050” mean for the energy industry?
- What will be an effect of ongoing energy transition? How will European energy industry look like in 2050? How energy transition will impact the Clients?
- How are energy players taking advantage of climate policy implementation, technological improvements and leveraging their positions?
- How can energy industry benefit out of the ongoing decarbonization in the best way?
- Oil and gas players are entering the power business. Is the integration across energy business value chain good strategy for utilities?
- Who are the new business leaders in the utility business of tomorrow?
Energy Transition – Internationalisation of Offshore Wind
Plans for the development of dispersed energy sector based on the example of the Oławski Energy Cluster EKO
13:00 – 14:15 Discussion panel: Vision of RES development in Poland and and in the world
Att. Rafał Hajduk - DZP law firm
- Monika Morawiecka - President of the Management Board, PGE Baltica
- Olivia Breese - Head of Market Development, Ørsted
- Jarosław Dybowski - Executive Director for Energy, PKN ORLEN SA
- Andrzej Kensbok - President of KGHM International Ltd., Chief Executive Officer for Strategic Projects, KGHM Polska Miedź S.A.
- Janusz Gajowiecki - President of the Management Board, PWEA
- Dawid Klimczak - President of the Management Board, Enea Trading
- Jarosław Broda - Vice-President of the Management Board for Asset Management and Development of TAURON Polska Energia S.A.
- Piotr Czopek - Director, Departament Energii Odnawialnej i Rozproszonej w Ministerstwie Energii
- Development of renewable energy sources and integration of RES in the energy system based on conventional generation sources
- Impact of RES technology development on energy supplies security
- Offshore wind energy – success factors for the construction of offshore wind farms in the Polish Baltic Sea zone, experience from other countries, technological development, legal framework and support mechanisms
- Auction system vs. corporate PPA in the context of further development of onshore wind projects
- Conditions for the development of solar energy in Poland – how to implement assumed participation in the energy mix
- Key aspects of the development of distributed power engineering – energy clusters and prosumers
ORLEN GAS MEETING | Foundations and prospects for gas prices
13:00-14:15 Discussion panel: The direction of the development of gas markets in Poland and worldwide
Wojciech Jakóbik – Editor, Business Alert
- Piotr Listwoń – President of the Management Board, TGE
- Artur Zawartko – Vice-President of the Management Board, Gaz-System S.A.
- Saulius Bilys – CEO, AB Amber Grid
- Mirosław Skowron – Member of the Management Board, Ciech S.A.
- Maciej Woźniak – Vice-president of the Management Board, PGNiG S.A.
- Ireneusz Krupa – Member of the Management Boardu, PSG sp z o.o.
- The importance of natural gas in the process of transformation of the energy sector in Poland
- Integration of gas markets in the Baltic Sea Region
- LNG development in Poland and the potential of the markets in the Region
- Factors affecting gas prices as a commodity in global markets
- LNG bunkering – a new business opportunity for gas sector companies
- Can Poland become a gas “hub” for Central and Eastern Europe?
15:30 HONORARY GUEST SPEECH: Michał Kurtyka - Secretary of State, Ministry of the Environment, Government Plenipotentiary for the Presidency of the Conference of the Parties (COP24)
Keynote Speech: Magdalena Jackowska-Rejman - President of the Management Board, TechBrainers Sp. z o.o.
Acceleration Program – Pilot Maker Electro ScaleUp
16:05 – 17:35 Discussion panel: “Clean Air” – transition of district heating and emission-free transport
Att. Paweł Grzejszczak - DZP law firm
- Michał Kurtyka – Secretary of State, Ministry of the Environment, Government Plenipotentiary for the Presidency of the Conference of the Parties (COP24)
- Marek Gawroński - Vice-President, Volvo Poland
- Izabela Sówka, DSc., Eng. - Faculty of Environmental Engineering, Wrocław University of Science and Technology
- Tomasz Wilczak - Vice-President for Technical Affairs, PGNIG TERMIKA
- Artur Michalski - Deputy President of the Management Board, National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management (NFOŚiGW)
- Magdalena Jackowska-Rejman - President of the Management Board, TechBrainers Sp. z o.o.
- Henryk Mucha – President of the Management Board, PGNIG Obrót Detaliczny
- Clean Air Programme – how disctrict heating and electrification of transport can contribute to emission reductions
- Transformation of district heating as an important element of multi-faceted actions to improve energy efficiency and emission reduction,
- Is systemic heating a cure for smog?
- How can the electromobility development programme in Poland affect the state of the air in cities?
- Electrification of public transport – when will an electric fleet replace combustion vehicles?
- Key success factors for emobility – development of fast charging infrastructure or subsidised vehicle purchase
DAY II - 26 SEPTEMBER 2019
09:00 – 09:30 Honorary Guest Speeches
- Opening speech - Adam Gawęda, Secretary of State, Government Plenipotentiary for the Restructuring of Coal Mining
- Opening speech of the Special Guest
- Opening speech - Łukasz Koliński - Head of Unit for Economic analysis and Financial instruments, European Commission Directorate, General for Energy
- Opening speech - James Hughes - Minister-Counsellor for Economic Affairs, British Embassy Warsaw
- Opening speech - Roberto Neccia - Deputy Head of Mission and Economic Counsellor – Italian Embassy
09:45 -11:15 Discussion panel: Financing transformation in the energy sector
Robert Tomaszewski - Polityka Insight
- Radosław Kwiecień - Member of the Management Board, Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego
- Anna Chmielewska - Associate Director / Senior Banker, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Łukasz Koliński - Head of Unit for Economic analysis and Financial instruments, European Commission Directorate, General for Energy
- Piotr Paszko - General Director for Treasury, Corporate Treasurer, KGHM
- François-Xavier Touzard - Vice President, International Structured Finance / Bank of Intesa Sanpaolo Bank
- Agnieszka Wasilewska-Semail – Vice-President of the Management Board, Rafako S.A.
- Adam Burda – Director of Strategic Customers Department – Energy, Oil&Gas, TMT, PKO Bank Polski
- Financial mechanisms of the EU – Modernisation Fund, coal in transition,
- Debt financing and corporate bonds
- New forms of financing investments in the energy sector – hybrid bonds, Eurobonds
- CVC funds and grants to finance innovation
- The role of infrastructure funds in the development of investment projects increasing the state’s energy security
- Importance of support mechanisms for obtaining investment financing – power market, RES auctions
Transformation in the area of maintenance services
Step by step towards commercially available flexible perovskite solar cells
12:00-13:30 Discussion panel: New technologies in power industry under the aegis of NCBiR
Katarzyna Sobótka-Demianowska - Head of E-mobility Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure, ABB Sp. z o. o.
- Mariusz Zieliński - Product Manager, Asseco Poland
- Hando Sutter - Chairman of the Management Board, Eesti Energia
- Dr Ing. Agnieszka Jakubiak - Project Coordinator, NCBiR
- Adam Zalewski - Director of Strategy and Development, Griffin Group Energy
- Anna Streżyńska - President of the Management Board, MC2 Innovation
- Maciej Bluj - President of the Management Board, Go2 Smart
- Michał Rumiński - President of the Management Board, EEC Magenta Sp. z o. o.
- Robert Bednarski - Director of the Smart City and Project Management Office in the City Hall of Wrocław
- Innovations in energy sector and their key role in developing low-carbon energy
- Smart grid and smart metering – intelligent technologies in the era of changes in transmission infrastructure functions, growing share of RES and distributed generation
- “Smart City” as a model of cooperation between energy companies and local governments
- Technologies to optimise resources and increase energy efficiency
- Digitalisation of power industry and the use of artificial intelligence – new business models
- Potential and conditions for the development of energy storage facilities, available technologies and functionalities
- Energy storage as an opportunity for rapid development of RES
11:30 – 12:00 Keynote Speech: Joanna Podgórska – Head of the Innovation and Business Development Department, PGNiG S.A.
12:00 – 13:30 Discussion panel under the aegis of PGNIG Impact of Innovation on the Energy Transition
Krzysztof Bolesta – Vice-President of the Foundation FPPE
- Łukasz Kroplewski – Vice-President for Development, PGNiG S.A.
- Piotr Rudzki – PwC Advisory
- Bartłomiej Steczowicz – President of the Management Board, Teraz Energia Sp. z o. o.
- Aneta Wilmańska – Director of PGNiG S.A. Representative Office in Brussels, Vice-President of the EU Committee within IOGP (International Association of Oil&Gas Producers)
- Innovative activity in the gas, fuel and energy sectors
- Role of innovation in short and long-term strategies of companies in the industry
- Internal and external determinants of the industry’s innovation development
- Which innovations does the industry need today to be able to develop tomorrow?
- How and with whom can we develop innovative ideas?
- Challenges for the innovation development in Polish companies from the sector
13:30 Keynote Speech: Dr. Ing. Wojciech Myślecki - Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Chairman of the Modern Technologies Team at NBCR
Doctrinal priorities of new energy policy of Poland to 2040
Keynote Speech: prof. Józef Orzeł – Chairman of the Board for Digitalization – Ministry of Digital Affairs
Role of energy policy in the economic strategy of Poland
14:00 - 15:00 Discussion panel: Poland's new energy policy
Marcin Roszkowski - President of the Management Board of the Jagiellonian Institute
- Adam Gawęda - Secretary of State, Government Plenipotentiary for the Restructuring of Coal Mining
- Dr Ing. Wojciech Myślecki - Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Chairman of the Modern Technologies Team at NCBiR
- Paweł Turowski - National Security Office
- Dr hab. Ing. Waldemar Skomudek - Professor of Opole University of Technology
- Dr hab. Ludwik Pieńkowski - prof. nadzw., AGH University of Science and Technology, Nuclear Power Department
- Karolina Baca-Pogorzelska
- Future vision on the energy sector – centralised system or distributed generation?
- Poland’s fuel mix in 2040 and its impact on energy security, achievement of emission targets and energy prices in Poland
- The doctrine of decarbonisation and the role of renewable energy in Poland’s energy mix
- Cooperation of conventional coal sources and large-scale RES within the framework of Poland’s new energy policy
- Nuclear power engineering – a strategic option or a necessity? What technology should Poland focus on?
- Ensuring stability of energy generation from various sources as a key element in ensuring the state’s energy security
13:30 – 15:00 Discussion panel: The use of hydrogen in the power industry
Maciej Jakubik - General Director, Central Europe Energy Partners
- Wojciech Hann - Member of the Management Board, BGK
- Krzysztof Sitarski - Member of the Sejm of the Republic of Poland
- Tomoho Umeda - President of the Management Board, TOMO GROUP
- Przemysław Bielecki - Head of Regulation and International Affairs Department, Grupa LOTOS S.A.
- Dr Ing. Paweł Bielski - Head of the Institute of Industrial Chemistry *
- Krzysztof Kochanowski - Vice-President, CEO, Stowarzyszenie Polska Izba Magazynowania Energii PIME
- Areas of hydrogen use in decarbonisation and global energy transformation
- The role of hydrogen in energy storage and balancing of a power system dominated by RES? Evolution from “Power to Gas” to “Power to X”
- The vision of hydrogen as an alternative fuel and its role in the strategy for zero-emission mobility
- Hydrogen technologies in the gas sector – capability, barriers, potential
- Safe operation of hydrogen systems – good practices worldwide
- How can the technology policy support the development of hydrogen technologies in Poland?
* The Organizer informs that this is a draft agenda which will be subject to changes